Super Eagles winger, Ahmed Musa‘s goal has been ranked the eighth best of the 169 goals scored at the 2018 FIFA World Cup tournament in Russia.
The 25-year-old who plays for English team Leicester City scored the only two goals in second group stage clash between Nigeria and Iceland.
His second goal from the game against Iceland was nominated alongside the top 17 goals of the competition. Unfortunately, he lost the award to France’s Benjamin Pavard whose stunning strike against Argentina was voted as the best goal of the tournament.
Musa’s goal was nominated the eighth best goal out of the 169 goals scored at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
See full list below.
1. Benjamin Pavard (France) vs Argentina
2. Juan Quintero (Mexico) vs Japan
3. Luca Modric (Croatia) vs Argentina
4. Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal) vs Spain
5. Lionel Messi (Argentina) vs Nigeria
6. Denis Cheryshev (Russia) vs Croatia
7. Nacer Chadli (Belgium) vs Japan
8. Ahmed Musa (Nigeria) vs Iceland
9. Ricardo Quaresma (Portugal) vs Iran
10. Toni Kroos (Germany) vs Sweden